The Sanctuary of Santa Rosa de Lima, "The Patron Saint of America" was for centuries the home of someone who was in life Isabel Flores de Oliva. The sanctuary is famous for the wishing well where thousands of devotees of the saint come to deposit an envelope with letters of requests. Personally I went to visit this shrine twice, first with a tour of my school to do a review on Santa Rosa is well known in Lima , this room day after day you receive many visits, I personally think that the sanctuary gives a feeling of tranquility, rest. Este recinto esta ubicado en la avenida tacna, cerca al rio rimac Se dice que este reciento era habitado por isabel flores de oliva que luego fue canonizada con el nombre de Santa Rosa de Lima. Aqui en este recinto podemos encontrar un jardin, donde fue el que albergo a Isabel Flores, tambien encontramos la silla donde descansaba, y sobre todo el conocido pozo de los deseos, el cual se dice que la presona que arroje una carta escribiendo su deseo , este se cumplira. En los meses de agosto es muy concurrido, sobre todo el 30 de agosto que es cuando se celebra el dia de Santa Rosa y es feriado
Lima Cathedral
Renaissance cathedral adorned limaestilo Plateresque. Its tall spire towers are slate with stylistic influences neoclassical school of El Escorial and northern Europe. It has 3 doors, as in most cathedrals. The principal (the center) is called the Front Door, right side is called the Gate of the Baptistery and left side door is called forgiveness. There are also 2 side doors, one that gives the Jews Street (right side) and another that gives the Patio de los Naranjos (courtyard attached to the Cathedral) . In the back of the temple (Calle de Santa Apolonia) open another 2 covers: Santa Apolonia and San Cristobal. On the main façade you can see statues of the Apostles, and in the central niche, the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Currently in the top you can see the coat of Peru, at the site was originally the coat of Lima along with the phrase Plus Ultra. Beside the Cathedral is the Sagrario Parish (one of the oldest in Lima) and the Archbishop's Palace, seat of ecclesiastical government of Lima.
The Cathedral of Lima shows various styles, from the late Gothic, Renaissance to Baroque and Plateresque, by the date of commencement of construction, the architectural style is Renaissance. Plant has a rectangular room , emulating the cathedral of Seville. The roof is supported by ribbed Gothic vaults to recreate the night sky, which are made of wood and stucco to alleviate the burden on the walls and prevent its collapse in an earthquake. Originally its Baroque altars were being replaced by some neoclassical altars. The choir stalls while presenting Renaissance tradition has an eclectic disposition. The Cathedral itself is a perfect blend of architectural styles that developed in the city of Lima from its origins to today.
martin Osambela house The house or house Osambela Oquendo is a colonial-era building and stands on the old novitiate of the Dominican fathers, destroyed by the earthquake of 1746, and part of the garden, fronting on the avenue Veracruz (now shred Count Superunda) in the historic center of Lima, Peru. It is one of the largest mansions in downtown Lima and is notable for its broad facade and balconies of excellent quality. The facade of the house Osambela is neoclassical, reminiscent of the Rococo. Sample 5 balconies, Louis XVI style, decorated with garlands and accompanied by 3 balconies sill. At the top is a gazebo covered by a small dome silhouette Muslim. "Although the house was completed between 1803 and 1805 in its present form, the eighteenth-century architecture remains perfectly still and looks much of the finery of Louis XVI and reminiscences of Louis XV; cover with neoclassical pilasters with garlands Ionic capitals, typical of the style, arch in segment of a circle, perillones cup shape flowers, overlapping central entry openings on three floors with plastic and vertical continuity of low relief in the French manner. It is remarkable that this sense of verticality is accentuated even more by the lookout, as Lima, who tops and exalted, by contrast, and so eloquently, broad and horizontal rhythm of the facade. That minaret, covered by a small dome silhouette Muslim, it seems that the first owner of the house, the Spanish banker Osambela binoculars watched the entrance of the galleons to Callao ... ".
the convent of San Francisco The Church of San Francisco is located at the junction of the third block of Jiron Ancash (San Francisco) with the first block of Jiron Lampa (Soledad).Crossing the threshold of its main entrance and the left side you can see a marble memorial plaque with the emblem of the Holy See, with the following words inscribed: John XXIII was pleased to raise this church of Jesus San Francisco de Lima to the category of basilica minor in brief January 11, 1963 beginning with these golden words: "Among so many beautiful temples that adorn the city of Lima, near the big port Pacific Ocean, deservedly stands the church of San Francisco Jesus, that next to the great monastery of the Friars Minor produces a great admiration for both the antiquity of its origin and its distinguished architecture "and so on. Lima December 29, 1963. catacombs The most startling of this building are the catacombs, which strike more than one because they were the old cemetery in colonial times. Was operated as such until 1810 and it is estimated that at that time had to hold up to 25,000 people. Today you can see in the different rooms a number of bones arranged by type and sometimes in quite "artistic" as the grave. Some doors of the crypt - which according to some hypotheses lead to corridors that connect with other churches and even the government palace - make this a thrilling space. This set of religious sites, is without doubt one of the most important and best architectural centers of the city, also one of the largest and most beautiful legacies of the colonial era, consequently become one of the cultural centers of Peru generates greater interest in visitors. The buildings of the Shrine of Our Lady of Solitude, a neoclassical façade, the Convent of San Francisco itself, with its Baroque facade, the Chapel of the Miracle of neoclassical facade, are what make this wonderful monument.
on 4 february 1655 to an earthquake in Lima that brought down the Franciscan church, destroying untold artistic riches, coming down all the effort of a century. Fortunately, the Order did not shrink before this ordeal. Francisco de Borja, the commissioner general, who was hired by the Portuguese architect Constantino de Vasconcellos who made drawings of the architect and Lima Manuel Escobar, to request them to edify a new Temple, in the same place. And so it happened that the first stone was laid by the then Viceroy, Luis Enriquez de Guzman, Count of Alba de Liste, on May 8, 1657 and then in 1669 took charge of the work the new Commissioner General of the order, Fray Luis de Cervela, who managed to finish it. The new temple was inaugurated with great pomp on October 3, 1672